HIJAB & BEARD IS NO MUST IN ISLAM
………HIJAB IS NO MUST ………
.1) If the world reform & ethics was mainly dependent on the women wear, then the Quran would have mainly talked & detailed women wear , on the contrary there are more than 6000 verses in Quran , only 2 of them(1 to 3000) talks about women wear , & these verses are in sura Al Ahzab & Al Noor wherebyQuran asks the Prophet (saws) to first tell the believing MEN NOT TO GAZE AT WOMEN & to lower their gaze before mentioning dress moderation to women .These verses also ask the prophet to tell believing women to cover their bosoms & lengthen their dress/skirt (avoid short clothes) & call for a moderate polite non flashy wear & and not expose their adornment except which thereof appears , that is all & the verses do not detail the women dress any further See Q 24;31
قُل لِّلْمُؤْمِنِينَ يَغُضُّوا مِنْ أَبْصَارِهِمْ وَيَحْفَظُوا فُرُوجَهُمْ ۚ ذَٰلِكَ أَزْكَىٰ لَهُمْ ۗ إِنَّ اللَّـهَ خَبِيرٌ بِمَا يَصْنَعُونَ ﴿٣٠﴾ وَقُل لِّلْمُؤْمِنَاتِ يَغْضُضْنَ مِنْ أَبْصَارِهِنَّ وَيَحْفَظْنَ فُرُوجَهُنَّ وَلَا يُبْدِينَ زِينَتَهُنَّ إِلَّا مَا ظَهَرَ مِنْهَا ۖ وَلْيَضْرِبْنَ بِخُمُرِهِنَّ عَلَىٰ جُيُوبِهِنَّ ,
translation “ tell the believing men to reduce [some] of their vision and guard their genital parts. that is purer for them. indeed, Allah is acquainted with what they do. and tell the believing women to reduce [some] of their vision and guard their genital parts and not expose their adornment except that thereof appears and to bring their covers over their bosoms “— —— & Q 33;59
يَا أَيُّهَا النَّبِيُّ قُل لِّأَزْوَاجِكَ وَبَنَاتِكَ وَنِسَاءِ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ يُدْنِينَ عَلَيْهِنَّ مِن جَلَابِيبِهِنَّ ۚ ذَٰلِكَ أَدْنَىٰ أَن يُعْرَفْنَ فَلَا يُؤْذَيْنَ
translation “O Prophet, tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to lengthen their dresses (jalabib). This is closer to having them recognized and not harassed ( by indecent men) .”———–For more on that , see my article “no face covering for women in Islam”.
2) Also Quran did not mention any penalty for non decent clothes or any compulsion for decent clothes, thus it is up to the society to take such measure in a just COMPROMISE BETWEEN GENERAL PUBLIC DECENCY & RESPECTING OF PERSONAL DRESS FREEDOM under the Islamic principal of Justice . The hadith & narrations about face covering to women & repressive clothes are very suspected & fake same as many fake hadith that aim to mar Islam . In my humble opinion ,QURAN HAS MADE WOMEN DRESS A DISCRETIONAL MATTER WHICH THE CONSCIENCE OF THE BELIEVING WOMAN HAS TO DECIDE WHAT IS MODERATE NON FLASHY DRESS IN THE SOCIETY & TIME SHE LIVES IN within observance of what mentioned above.
3) The women wear was never an issue of importance or worth debate in religion except after the extremists & terror criminals & gangs that wear the Islamic mask surfaced. Many Muslim women used to wear liberal & revealing clothes including very short mini skirts in the sixties & seventies (see old photos of women in Cairo, Baghdad, Afghanistan..etc) , & despite this no one of the Islamic scholars or Sheikhs of Azhar or any Islamic institutions at this time denounced or slurred this fashion , so were these grand scholars ignorant of religion ?, on the contrary , they were much conversant of religion & this is why they did not give this issue a real importance because this wear issue is not at all fundamental in religion & by the way , the people at that time were much more ethical & the society was much more safer than today with almost zero rate of rape & very low murder crime / other crimes rate compared to nowadays rates where the societies are crammed with veils & beards
……BEARD IS NO MUST ………
1) Beard maybe regarded by some as a sign of wisdom , reverence , ascetic or virility , but any must in Islam should be mentioned in Quran as a must & Quran does not say anything about beard growing as a religious or piety requirement or preference . Also , it is not a Sunnah & the so called ‘hadith ” about beard must is just a fake hadith just as the myriad of many fake hadiths that mar the Islamic religion ,Noteall the KUFFAR & DISBELIEVERS & ENEMIES OF PROPHET (PBUH)HAD LONG BEARDS . Also Jewish Rabbis & Christian priests & Sikh & Hindu religious people have long beards .Some straight men & some homosexuals have beards , some genius men & some nuts mad men have beards, some ethical guys have beards & some criminals & murderers have beards , some pious men have beards & some terribly fornicated men have beards . So beards are not really a cause of piety neither a specific feature for any caste or faction.
2) If Prophet Muhammad had a beard then this was because it was the men normal look at his time & society , moreover there were no modern shaving razors/ kit as of today at his time making daily beard shaving using knives or daggers or large blades a heck of trouble & facial injuries . Prophet Muhammad had no car & rode a camel & lived in tent not in modern house & wore a galabeya no jackets or pants ,used no shower or tapped water or modern life tools but rather primitive tools & wore the clothes & lived life style relevant to his time . These are the tools & habits & clothes of his time & not Sunnah .Islam Sunnah is about ethics , worship & good treatment to others & not a beard .Of course no objection to any beard growing since it is a personal freedom &many religious figures from different religions choose to grow their beard as a sign of ascetic or wisdom but it should not be falsely claimed that it is an Islamic must or a piety requirement .
3) ON THE DOOMS DAY ALLAH WILL JUDGE US AS PER OUR ACTS (GOOD & BAD )& WILL NOT DECIDE OUR FATE TO HELL OR HEAVEN BASED ON OUR BEARD LENGTH .GOOD MUSLIMS BETTER BE KNOWN BY THEIR GREAT MANNERS RATHER THAN THEIR GREAT BEARDS